Cloudbusting moments

When I started this blog I was thinking of my life in the foothills of the Dandenong Ranges, Victoria, Australia. I have since come to realise that life is a series of hills of varying topographical detail; some a barely bumps, others are the hill climb of the Tour de France that the faint-heartened never approximate. I have also come to appreciate the distinct advantage of setting hills in my sights with the aim of seeing life from the other side with a raised heart-rate. My 'comfort-zone' exists to be busted, and I intend to continue venturing far away and beyond my comfort-zones for as long as I have a reason to live. From the foothills of the Dandenongs to the foothills of the Strzelecki Ranges, and still cloudbusting, I hope. It's what I want my kids to do, so I'd better show them a bit about how it's done, and how to push up and over the hills they'd otherwise avoid...

Tuesday 9 September 2008

A photographic update of life with Oscar this year, thus far

Ok, I'm figuring out this html caper and now I'm more confident in adding my commentary after each photo, instead of after a big scroll of pics. So, here goes:

Boy loves machinery, and Wayne's tractor at the Lysterfield Equestrian Centre was just sitting there, waiting for a driver

Wayne's loader is a particular attraction!

Boy and Coco having a moment

This is Oscar at Monash with me, where he attends SWiCh, the on campus childcare facility for students. Here he is in his favourite t-shirt - Bob!

Dee, Boy and Tom on Dee's newly refurbished antique pieces. This would have been after brigade training and we would have found the kidlet up and awake far beyond his bedtime.

Just being cheeky, wearing his abuela's glasses

We went camping with some of the brigade crew and this is Boy jammed into one of our camping crates for a yummy bath...that's Coco sprinting in the background, she may even have been chasing the wombat that gave her a serve moments later.

Boy in his Daddy's arms, and in his flanny - he's camping, he's allowed to wear it and not be called a bogan!

You'd think from the photos that Boy never has a bad day...here he's having a sadly moment before bed...

This is Harry, Boy's hero and friend. We are at Birdsland for a Booby Club walk (local Australian Breastfeeding Association group), of which our wonderful friend, Kate is a member - bonus for Boy, cos he LOVES Harry!

Ahh, I'm just too cool, so you stay right there
This is Boy's morning face - I love waking up to this
Boy's favourite thing...'babu'!
Mothers Day and we went down to Stony Point and Merricks for a hinterland walk. Of course, we stopped to check out the diesel train.
On the hinterland walk, me in my new Italian wool wrap, made by Voski Von Mueller, my favourite shop and it's in Upwey Village.
Boy's star pants - cos he's my stellar little kid

Into my Tupperware! Well, he's got good taste!
With his abuelo in Metung, in May. This is their plot of land (c. 4ha).

Early June and what better activity than squishing oneself into a bucket of cold water, on the deck?? ARGH! I'm cold thinking about it!

No comments: