Cloudbusting moments

When I started this blog I was thinking of my life in the foothills of the Dandenong Ranges, Victoria, Australia. I have since come to realise that life is a series of hills of varying topographical detail; some a barely bumps, others are the hill climb of the Tour de France that the faint-heartened never approximate. I have also come to appreciate the distinct advantage of setting hills in my sights with the aim of seeing life from the other side with a raised heart-rate. My 'comfort-zone' exists to be busted, and I intend to continue venturing far away and beyond my comfort-zones for as long as I have a reason to live. From the foothills of the Dandenongs to the foothills of the Strzelecki Ranges, and still cloudbusting, I hope. It's what I want my kids to do, so I'd better show them a bit about how it's done, and how to push up and over the hills they'd otherwise avoid...

Friday 28 September 2007

Tupperware beckons...

I'm a Tupperware lady! Yep, like a hole in the head, I felt I needed another 'time-filler'...nah, just need a wallet-filler! So, I'm a Tupp Demonstrator and really getting into the whole affair. Last night's party was the best so far - not in sales, but in my actual demonstration of my kit. I love my SuperStart kit! I could talk forever about Tupperware, but I didn't, and I won't here.
My beautiful niece is visiting from NZ...with my sister, of course! She's prettier and prettier every time I see her and I'm loving my cuddle times with her, when Boy is occupied with something else.
Boy-Child is becoming more and more rascally every day, getting into more hijinks and compromising situations all the time. That boy loves to push the envelope. Wonder where he gets that from?
Anyway, I've just linked a YouTube video on here and I LOVE it. I'd want to, I have put some money towards it being aired tomorrow during the AFL Grand Final across this wide nation of ours. It really is a clever ad and I hope it helps sway people away from our current government during the upcoming elections. Damn them and their lies, broken promises and spin!
Respect goes to our Burmese brothers and sisters who face daily (and currently, ever-present) oppression of thought, belief and action by their militarised government. If you're in Melbourne, there's a Candlelight Vigil being held on the lawn of the Earthly Pleasures Cafe in Belgrave, on Tuesday night from 6.30pm. BYO candles and rug with snacks or dinner. Solidarity may not stop the oppression right now, but I reckon that if the people inside those borders get wind of the action people take for them, they'll mightily appreciate it and send us good vibes back.
Finally, let's not forget White Ribbon Day on the 25th November. We pay tribute to the hundreds of women and children who die in this country, alone, from family violence, along with their children. Family violence is preventable. Men can get support and help, they just need to identify that they have a slight problem with power and control. If you'd like more information, contact me and I'll look up where you can go to support this sadly-needed cause. May women and children live happily, respectfully and freely with their loving partners and fathers, or be able to co-parent in this way should marriages and relationships fail.
Goodnight, patient audience!

No comments: